The Diploma in Management programme is offered to school leavers interested in pursuing a career in organisational management and administration. This programme will equip students with the skills and knowledge required in management as well as expose them to basic aspects of organisational management including management, marketing, finance, management information systems, human resource management and strategy implementation. Curriculum, course content, academic standards and course evaluation are specifically designed to enable students to gain and develop the skills and knowledge relevant for a career in management.
1. Pass Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM)/equivalent with a minimum of three (3) credits in any subjects; or
2. Pass Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM)/ equivalent, with a minimum of Grade C in any subject; or
3. Pass Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with a minimum of Grade Maqbul; or
4. Pass Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) Level 3 in the relevant field and Pass SPM with a minimum of 1 credit in any subject; or
5. Certificate (MQF Level 3)/Equivalent; or
6. Pass APEL (Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning) Certificate; or
7. Other qualifications recognised by the senate of UM; and
8. Obtained at least a Pass in English Language at the SPM level
1. Pass O Level with at least a Full Pass in three (3) subjects or other qualifications recognised by the Senate of UM; and
2. Possess any of the following English qualifications:
1. Score of 500 or above for the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT); or
2. Score of 5.0 or above for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Students must complete a total of 92 credits in order to qualify for the award of Diploma. They must pass all courses prescribed as Institution Compulsory Courses, Core Courses and Programme Courses.
Institution Compulsory Courses
Fee for local student
* fee is not
inclusive of accommodation
Fee for international student
Universiti Malaya, Kuala Lumpur
* Tuition fee
is not inclusive of accommodation.
Fees can be paid either in a total or by installment.
1. National Higher Education Fund Corporation (PTPTN), Students are eligible to apply for PTPTN loan subject to the terms and conditions stipulated by PTPTN. (Please refer to http://www.ptptn.gov.my/)
Employess Provident Fund (EPF)
Applicants are eligible to withdraw from their EPF (Account 2).
3. Education Financing/ Loans:
§ Affin Education Financing-i
§ Bank Rakyat Education Financing-i
§ Pembiayaan Pendidikan Boleh Ubah (PPBU), Bank Rakyat
4. State foundation / Yayasan Negeri
The duration of the programme is six (6) semesters which can be completed within 2 years.
Medium of Instruction
The programme is conducted in English as well as in Bahasa Malaysia.
§ UM Campus, Kuala Lumpur
§ UM, Nilam Puri - Kelantan
§ UMCCed Learning Centre (PPU): Off-Campus Programmes at these locations:
§ PPU Kulim
§ PPU Alor Setar
§ PPU Kuantan
§ PPU Johor Bahru
§ PPU Bayan Lepas
For more information, call/WhatsApp us at:-
Miss Sandra/ Mr Simon Kee
03 - 9221 7789/012- 579 3789